ftp & telnet on RH 7.2

RH now comes "standard" with IPCHAINS set up. It's probably
blocking the ports.

I suggest you kill IPCHAINS and use IPTABLES, since it's much
more flexible, and enable both passive and active FTP ports.
Since I don't want to start a jihad, I'll advise you to use SSH
instead of telnet.

HTH.

Bill Horne

On Mon, 07 January 2002, Rob Schick wrote