more ftp issues

So, RH 7.2 does indeed use the xinetd.conf. I used itox to convert my
archived inetd.conf file, and this is what the new file says vis-a-vis
the ftp and telnet services. I can telnet out, but I can't telnet into
the machine (tried from my machine both as me and root). Any advice on
how to alter the conf file to get the services up and running. I need
telnet to work, because I'm trying to install a program whose license
manager needs to telnet to the machine to properly configure. Here's a
snip of my file.

[root at narcissus robs]# more /etc/xinetd.conf
service ftp
{
 socket_type     = stream
 protocol        = tcp
 wait            = no
 user            = root
 server          = /usr/sbin/tcpd/in.ftpd
 server_args     = -l -a
}

service telnet
{
 socket_type     = stream
 protocol        = tcp
 wait            = no
 user            = root
 server          = /usr/sbin/tcpd/in.telnetd

--
Rob Schick                      Assistant Scientist/GIS
New England Aquarium            Phone: 617.742.5198