ATT's change of domain name

Depends.

As I see it, you really have two options here;

  1) Wait until attbi is legal and change all your subscriptions
     ...until a new owner steps up and decides to make us use their
     domain... Or 1b) setup a free web-based account and use that...

  2) Setup your own mail server/dyndns/(optional domain) and
     transfer all subscriptions.

Either way you need to make the changes to your subscriptions; why
not make it to something permanent that you can retain control of
No matter who your ISP is.

Of course, with a mailserver comes all the associated tasks involved
in ensuring it is secure and not an open relay (especially if you
want to bounce mail off it when traveling).  You should also consider
implementing secure means of authentication/transfer for external mail
access.  AntiVirus scanning of mail should be another consideration -
it saves me a lot of headaches with the family.

If you go the mailserver route,  Checkout dnydns.org or hn.org for
your dynamic DNS needs.  I use DynDns.org for my primary domain and
HN for all the others.

--Tim