email identity crisis

Netscape (version 6 at least) allows you to configure multiple mailboxes
for handling just such situations.  But realistically, you have to start
paring down on duplicate accounts!  (Why 2 accounts on your home
server?... make one alias to the other for God's sake!)  Maybe use one
of those "on vacation auto reply thingies" on old accounts to inform
users of your preferred address.  Do that for about a year and you
should be safe.  For the other accounts (mediaone, pager, etc.) have
them forward if possible.