email identity crisis

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
| BTW: here is an interesting article on the AT&T BB mediaone issue.
| 630,000 Users Can't Be Wrong
| http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=523
| "the legal case that led to this settlement seems to be
| shrouded in mystery"

While I'm not sure that I follow a lot of this article, one thing did
strike  me as interesting.  The writer mentions that the new owner of
mediaone.com will have to have a lot of server power to  just  reject
all  the  incoming mail to mediaone addresses.  But if I were the new
owner, I'd consider something very different.  I'd write me a  little
program  that  accepts the mail and then attempts to forward the mail
to the corresponding attbi.com address.  Every one that  wourks,  I'd
add  to  my database.  Then I'd offer this list of email addresses to
ATT's competitors and other comm companies.

(What, me paranoid? ;-)