solution for on-the-road email

An update:

I decided on using SquirrelMail, an open-source, PHP-
 and IMAP-based webmail client, to read my mail while not at one of my
normal computers. You can check out some of its many benefits here
(although I get the feeling that I may be the only person who was in the
dark about this product...): www.squirrelmail.org.  In fact, it's so nice,
I'll almost certainly use it to check my email at work instead of Outlook.
I may even end up using it at home... :-)

Peter
--
Peter R. Wood (Lists) - lists at woburn.dyndns.org - http://prwdot.org/