Remote X problem (Linux to SCO Unix)

I am not sure, but I think the crux of the biscuit here is that Vince wants
the SCO xdm session with the login screen to appear on the linux desktop,
just like the remote (linux) user was sitting at a SCO console.  Vince, is
this what you are ultimately shooting for?  Using Linux to provide SCO-like
console xdm logins?

I have seen this done with Exceed on NT when connecting to a Solaris host.
You can get it to display the login banner as though you were at a sun
console logging into a CDE environment.  It's quite cool, but has it's
perils.

If this is the case, the dialog so far has been preliminarily helpful, but
the ultimate objective is to use the linux device as a way to give users a
SCO console xdm login experience.  I haven't used exceed in years, sorry.  I
hope Linux can be configured to do this for you (hopefully others can help
w/configuration), but please consider some of the downsides to this...

If I'm barking up the right tree:  Vince, have you considered the case where
all your users are logged into the miracle cure X displayed environment and
the network has problems?  All data lost.  All users unhappy, etc., etc.
Also, remember ethernet (100Mb switched) is probably fast enough to schlep a
few sessions around, but within limits on the server end, and the WAN
connections will likely not work at all, due to bandwidth constraints.  Even
with compression X is a B/W pig, and there are numerous security concerns
with X, some of which can be mitigated by using it over an ssh encrypted
session - which unfortunately slows it down...

Not to party-poop, but to advise?  8^)

Chuck Young
Security Consulting
Genuity E-Services