From: Seth Gordon [mailto:sethg at ropine.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 12:54 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: shopping for a CPU cooler

My Linux box, "petunia", is a 350 MHz Pentium II.  Last summer, the
temperature in its room got up to 95 degrees (F), and while I didn't
notice any changes in the machine's performance, now (a) it has more
hardware inside it, and (b) my work group's ticket-tracking system is
running on it.  So I should probably install some kick-ass cooler
inside it between now and June.  What products should I look into, and
how much should I expect to pay?

--
"[A]lmost all interesting economics is about institutions 'that never were,
and ask[ing] "why not"?'...  Unfortunately, the reasons why not are usually