Fetchmail over ssh

Greetings all

Over the last while I am sure I have seen postings here that refer to
the fact that some people here are running their fetchmail over ssh.
I need to install a system that does this at _very_ short notice and
would apreciate if someone could please reduce my RTFM (reading the
fantastic materials) time and give me some pointers.

The system will be basically RedHat 7.0, kernel 2.2.19, Sendmail
8.11.6-2.70, OpenSSH 3.1p1-1 (or later).  Fetchmail 5.9.0-0.7.1 and
we have it working now on a similar system.

Thanks a bunch

Roger