RAID Munging Question

Gordon & I simulated a disk failure on a raid1 setup at the
last BLU meeting.  The system DID hang.  Perhaps there's a lengthy i/o
timeout which would eventually allow the system to keep running,
OR perhaps there are certain IDE features (DMA?) one could turn off to
improve the recovery. But "hang" it did!

But, the good news was that we did boot from the other disk.

Being able to boot from the alternate disk on the sencond IDE bus
needs to be supported by your bios.  Otherwise you still need to move
disks around before you can boot from the mirror.

- Christoph