RAID Munging Question

I'm experimenting with this whole mess as I right this.  Well,
not literally right now, but when I'm at home...

With SCSI it's very easy... and I have already experimented with
hot removing and adding disks to the system.  That works...
(I have a SCA2 hotswap drive bay in my system :-))))

But IDE is a whole different beast.  Once I finish getting my root
disk configured into a RAID1, I'll get around to playing with my IDE
setup.  Setting up / & /boot into RAID1 is easy during installation.
I still haven't figure out how to do it post installation.  The
HOWTO/README is a bit dated :-(