best site for Linux software?

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> You can come to the installfest and we might be able to burn you a copy of
> SuSE 7.3 (7 CDs).

It's not legal to copy the SuSE CDs; although the software is GPL (well,
most of it), the distribution media are not. SuSE considers them
proprietary, and doesn't offer downloads of ISO images. (They do offer
downloads of a "live evaluation" system that runs directly from the CD.)

Besides, SuSE is in sort of the same situation as Red Hat right now; 8.0
is due later this month, and the current update list is rather long. On
the other hand, SuSE 8.0 will be using the brand new KDE 3.0 (released
on April 3) as its default GUI, so stability may be an issue.