Mozilla/Galeon MIME Types

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 04:31:29PM -0400, I asked:
> How do I find out what the MIME type is for a given URL so I can tell
> my web browser to use xmms instead?

And two useful responses came back saying to telnet to the webserver
and ask for the head of the document I want to request.  Well, I think
that is real cool (I sometime telnet to pop servers to really see what
is going on), but in my first try it doesn't quite work.

Here is the first stream I tried to get the MIME on
<http://live.charm.net:8000/wjhu/listen.pls>.

This is my attempt to follow the telnet suggestions:

  $ telnet live.charm.net 8000
  Trying 206.41.198.76...
  Connected to live.charm.net (206.41.198.76).
  Escape character is '^]'.
  head /wjhu/listen.pls             <- I hit two cr's here, they
  head /wjhu/listen.pls                echoed the line the extra
                                       time

  HTTP/1.0 306 Grow up
  Server: icecast/1.3.11
  Connection: close

  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
    <head>
      <title>306 Request all messed up</title>
    </head>

      <h1>306 Request all messed up</h1>
      The request your application sent to the server makes
      no more sense than... well.. women with clothes on :)<br>
      <hr>
  Connection closed by foreign host.
  $

Suggestions?