DMCA petition

As has been pointed out, our elected representatives think of such online
and form-letter petitions as so much spam and ignore it. A personalized,
hand-written letter is a far better idea. Yes, it takes time and effort.
Maybe that makes the difference. If you're going to do that, be clear,
without promises or threats. Mention that you have voted in every
election since you were of age (if that is the case).

These electronic petitions are counter-productive (as they make people
thing their voice will be listened to, when it will not), and as such
should be stomped out. Letter writing campaigns should be started instead.
An opportunity to personally let your views be known would be even better.