Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:36:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Kramer <david at thekramers.net>
To: Brian Gens <brian at certiviable.com>
Subject: Re: CertiViable means Certification,
     May incentives can make your paycheck BLOOM!

GET ME OFF YOUR MAILING LIST AND GET ME OFF IT TODAY OR I WILL FORWARD THE
NEXT ONE TO SPAMCOP.

In the past I was contacted by someone in your company, and I offered to
forward your company's information to the Boston Linux and UNIX group, of
which I am Associate Director, as a favor.  And I did.

I also gave him several helpful tips, like "don't send Microsoft Word
documents to people who want UNIX and Linux training".  Certainly not to a
UNIX group.  We're talking about one single page of just text, and you
have to send it as a Word attachment.

I was contacted by Brian Gens from your company recently, and offered to
forward the material again.  When I got it, it was of course in a
Microsoft Word document.

Now I find that not only does your company like using 20 pound hammers to
kill spiders, but you reward people wo offer to ADVERTISE YOUR COMPANY FOR
FREE TO A HIGHLY TARGETED GROUP by SENDING THEM SPAM!!!!

I don't want any explanations or apologies.  I am going to send a post to
the BLU mailing list recommending that nobody use your service.  You must
change your ways or fail.

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Brian Gens wrote:

> Thursday, April 25, 2002
>

> Dear David,
>
> April showers bring May-flowers. Certification brings status and higher pay. I say keep the flowers give me the higher pay. CertiViable can Guarantee your certification and help make your PAYCHECK bloom!
>
> We have something for everyone from the beginner to the seasoned professional.
>
> 1. Unsure whether IT is the right direction for you? During the month of May, CertiViable will be offering A+ training at half price. There will never be a better time to find out. IT Careers these days are built on multiple certifications. A+ is the best way to get your foot in the door. Become an A+ Certified PC Technician in as little as 2.5 months and get started on your way to a future in IT.
>
> A+ is now $750.00 - Paid in Full
>
> 2. O.K. so you are not timid and you know that a career in IT is what you want.  What about our IT Career Builder Program? The best deal around for anyone looking to get into the field in the most efficient and effective way.
>
> A+, Network+, Novell CNA and Microsoft MCSA - 4 certifications for $5,495.00 paid in Full.
>
> The MCSA was listed as one of the top 10 most desirable certifications of 2002 at www.certcities.com. Recruiters we have spoken to recently, have confirmed that these statements are true. MCSA rules.
>
> 3. So you are already in the field. Are you MCSE certified or CNE certified? Remember you are only as marketable as the credentials after your name - multiple certification means extreme marketability.
>
> What about LINUX? Linux is the fastest growing operating system in personal and professional installations in the WORLD! This is the next wave - Linux+ certification gives you an overall LINUX credential that emphasizes complete comprehension of the core elements that comprise every distribution of LINUX available.
>
> Talk about marketability - learn the differences between RED HAT, SuSE, Debian, Caldera, and Turbo Linux, and understand the elements that make them all similar. Extreme Hands-on!
>
> LINUX+ certification is now $3,995.00 Paid in Full
>
> 4. Then of Course there is Cisco - CCNA is in some ways the Masters Degree of Certification. It is a crowning achievement that can offer incredible opportunities for individuals in the industry who are looking for that extra something to give them an edge over the competition.
>
> Cisco CCNA certification is now $1,595.00 Paid in Full.
>
> 5. What are you looking for? Give us an opportunity to help you make a change, or an enhancement to an already successful career, that you will not regret. If there is a program you have in mind ask us about it.
>
> Certification starts with the determination to do something to set yourself apart from those around you. If you are looking for an opportunity to get started there will never be a better time.

> [...]

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Martial arts, politics, war... they are all just ways
DK KD  of bending the universe to your will.
DDDD                                                  Tyr Anasazi, Andromeda