System Forsale

At some point hitherto, Anthony J. Gabrielson hath spake thusly:
> I'm seling a Dual PII 350 that is dual headed (2 - 20" Trinitrons). It has
> 196MB ram several SCSI hard drives, Plextor Ultra SCSI CD, TV Tuner card,
> Creative audio, good size case with plenty of room, its running redhat
> 7.2 - and looks pretty slick with both monitors.  I can send out a dmesg
> if interested.  I'm asking $785.

While it does sound like a cool system, I really don't think $800 is a
very good price for a used PII system with those specs.  The system
must be over 2 years old, based on the CPUs...  For about
$250 more than what you're asking, you can put together a brand new
system with about 4x the power:

[Note all prices from pricewatch and include shipping.  Where the
vendor provided a range, I chose the high end.  So the total price
could conceivably be as much as about $50 less...]

MB & CPU: $366
 Tyan S2507T Retail Box 1A/5P/3Dimm eplaces S2507D,2Year Warr. Dual
Pentium? III.
  With Dual Pentium III 933Mhz With CPU (2) PC133 cpu+ heatsink & fan
Complete Combo Set.

Memory: $42
 256MB PC133 SDRAM DIMM

SCSI Adaptor: $131
 Tekram DC390U2B Fast SCSI-2, Wide, Ultra and Ultra2-Wide SCSI Host
Adapters-

SCSI Storage, 36GB: $145
  IBM DRHS-36D 36GB SCSI LVD 80 PIN 1.6 HIGH

SCSI CD:  $105
 Pioneer DVD 305S 10X DVD/40X CD-Rom

Sound: $29
  SOUND BLASTER LIVE! DE 5.1 - OEM

Tuner: $162
  ATI ALL IN WONDER AIW RADEON 7500 64MB DDR AGP,BULK oem