sig cruft

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:43:18PM -0700, Adam Russell wrote:

> I don't know the answer to the question. If more than one person is bothered
> by the advertising the bigmailbox.com peple put at the bottom I guess I
> could use a different address.

Yes, it's bothersome.  Look up "netiquette" on google.

> Although, yahoo, hotmail, and pretty much all other free webmail types do
> this I would go as far as to say that one would have to be pretty thin
> skinned and have a pretty boring life to have this bother them.

I'm especially bothered by insults.  Does that make me thin skinned and boring
too?  Look, you clearly read very little email, if you find yahoo or hotmail
adequately address your email needs.  When you have to wade through hundreds
of messages daily, however, the cruft is certainly annoying.  Imagine if
everyone had your attitude.  Everyone's email boxes would be twice the size,
and it would take everyone twice as long to separate the real message from all
of the crap.

Why the cheesiest webmail vendors on the planet your only option?

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\