sig cruft

OK I hit upon a touchy subject....didn't meat to start a war. My $.02: I
asked because it has become bad enough that It bothers me. It used to be a
single line on the bottom of a message. Now it is MOST of a given message.
Combine this with your personal sig, and the mailing list sig, it gets a
bit heavy. I am not trying to pick on one free email provider, though.

I don't have any sig. I wish more people didn't. I have never found it
useful. If you're looking for my web page, it's exactly where you might
expect it to be, by looking at my email address. My name is in the message
header. Anything else you need, you can get from my web page if I want you
to have it. People with sigs, at least try to prune them down to 3 lines
or less.

PGP signatures might be useful, if they were used. Generally they are not.
Ideally I wouldn't see such a thing, the mailer would intercept and verify
it, stripping the signature.

I run a mailing list, and use ezmlm. It would be great if I could get some
sort of plugin that remembers and strips sigs. The concept isn't that
hard. Implementation might be a problem though.