is there a job market for younger linux users?

Michael wrote:
| I just turned 17 and right now I'm looking for a summer job but everywher=
| e I they want someone older.Last summer I did an internship as an Oracle =
| DBA but this summer I want to get alot of hands on experience with linux =
| in a work enviroment.Why is it that most companies do prefer younger linu=
| x users?Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explo=
| rer.msn.com

Because the older ones know how to prevent ads  from  being
added to their message without a break?  ;-)

After a while, something you'll  eventually  understand  is
that  you  will  never  be  the right age for any job.  Now
you're too young, and you'll hear the advantages of  older,
experienced  employees.   Eventually  this  will  stop, and
you'll start  to  hear  about  the  advantages  of  younger
employees  who  are  free of the baggage of how things were
done 5 years ago.

It's all just a ruse to deprecate your own  worth  and  get
you to work for less money and no job security.

Part of it is correct:  As a computer geek, you will always
be in learning mode, and you'll never know enough to do the
job.  This is just  a  fact  of  life,  though,  and  since
everyone  here  is in the same boat, your age has little if
anything to do with it.