ssh checksum error

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:54:08AM -0400, Peter R. Wood wrote:

> > "Hole"-y guacamole! Thanks for the info.  It was grievously out of
> > date.  I've installed the latest openssh, openssh-server, and
>
> Unfortunately, even after upgrading to 3.1p1, my immediate problem is not
> solved.  Namely, getting disconnected from the remote server because of
> checksum/MAC authentication problems. I also upgraded to the latest
> SecureCRT (3.4.4) here on Windows, and I'm still having the problem. Hmm.
> Well at least I've got the latest version now.

You might try other Windows ssh clients.  PuTTY and cygwin's port of OpenSSH
are possibilities.  In my experience, PuTTY does a better job rendering the
terminal.  I believe the cygwin port could be considered most compatible,
e.g. as regards certificates, etc.

Just for kicks, here's a Windows script to create on-demand ssh tunnels.  You
can insert a command="sleep 15m" option for the public certificate (in
authorized_keys) used to authenticate the tunnel, to render the cert otherwise
rather useless.

Of course I don't have to explain the value of tunneling telnet via ssh. ;)

@echo off

tlist | find /i "ssh" > %TEMP%\ssh.tmp
for /f "tokens=1-2*" %%i in (%TEMP%\ssh.tmp) do call :checkdup "%%j"
start /min e:\cygwin\bin\ssh -L 23:localhost:23 ausername at ahost
sleep 1
goto telnet

:checkdup
if /i %1=="ssh.exe" goto telnet