Installing X

No, but I have run xf86cfg and xf86config. Neither helped out. :-( Now that
I think about it, I might have installed X w/ the initial install... Would
it help if I removed all X rpm's, files and started over from scratch? Has
anyone had experience w/ 4.2.0?

Drew

At 08:42 AM 5/3/02 -0400, Patrick R. McManus wrote:
>did you run Xconfigurator?
>
>[Drew Taylor: Fri, May 03, 2002 at 01:27:42AM -0400]
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I have a RH 7.1 box that I did not install X on due to memory limitations
> > at the time. Since I now have more memory, I'd like to run X. So I
> > installed the binary distribution of XFree86 4.2.0. But it won't
> startup w/
> > the usual startx. I can briefly see something on the screen, but after a
> > couple of seconds the monitor goes into standby mode. I haven't had a
> > chance to try older versions yet.
> >
> > Is there a way I can run the RH install utility and install JUST X? The
> > system is running successfully, so I don't want to upgrade or reinstall.

Drew Taylor                  |  Freelance web development using
http://www.drewtaylor.com/   |  perl/mod_perl/MySQL/postgresql/DBI
mailto:drew at drewtaylor.com   |  Contact: jobs at drewtaylor.com
Speakeasy.net: A DSL provider with a clue. Sign up today.
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/29655