[bostoncontractors] HP=Compaq "what stays and what goes" Press Release (fwd)

This shows a misunderstanding.
Last summer, when Compaq canceled the Alpha chip, they canceled the EV8
development and sold much technology to Intel. The True64/Alpha product
roadmaps have remained virtually unchanged since then. Management after the
HP merger affirmed its commitment to the further release of the EV7 through
EV79 Alpha chips with active sales of AlphaServer systems AT LEAST through
2006, with support AT LEAST through 2011. During this period they will be
working with the Intel 64 bit chip.
Much of the Tru64 functionality will be merged into HP-UX on the Itanium.
http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/

At the present time, the AlphaServer line is one of the most powerful
systems used in high performance computing.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group