wino

Alle 17:48, marted)B? 21 maggio 2002, hai scritto:
> in a vain attempt to run an ibm thinkpad utility (uttpfdos.exe,
> which only runs under windows) i installed wine on my tp 380z.
> when i attempted to run the utility, wine complained that i
> was missing KERNEL32.dll.  i never got beyond that point.  too
> bad, but wotthehell.
>
> today, when i booted up, it seems a bunch of modules got blown
> away by wine, so that neither the internal cdrom, nor
> pcmcia/linksys ethernet EC2T, nor the pcmcia/adaptec 1460D
> scsi card come up.
>
> can anyone tell me how to get these modules reactivated?  i
> erased wine with rpm -e, but apparently the damage had been
> done.
>
> tia,
> dan
>
> j. daniel moylan
> 84 harvard ave #2
> brookline, ma 02446-6202
> 617-232-2360 (tel)
> 810-454-1823 (fax)
> jdm at moylan.info
> moylan.info

Wine look first for the windows native dll, after for they win driver
(builtin),it is maybe a configuration problem (try to specify the built-in
driver with --dll kernel32.dll).
The problem seem caused by a problem at level modules, try first with insmod
and if work, modify modules.
If all don't work (modules cancelled, but is seem strange, it is not possible
to write modules without to be user root) try to install another kernel (not
so difficult).