A bit off topic - SGML

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> I've got a simple sgml (not html) question,
> I have a table with a title and headings, 3 columns each. No problem. I
> want to insert subcategories within the table:
> What I would like to do is to have the subcategory row entry SPAN the 3
> columns.
>
> <row>
> <entry>col1</entry>
> <entry>col2</entry>
> <entry>col3</entry>
> </row>
> <row>
> <entry>New categorty</entry>
> </row>
> <row>
> <entry>col1</entry>
> <entry>col2</entry>
> <entry>col3</entry>
> </row>

In HTML, the attribute you would want is COLSPAN, as in
<TD COLSPAN=3> bla </TD>

Dunno if that helps.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.
DK KD  Now I see that I should have been more specific."
DDDD                                       - Lily Tomlin