A bit off topic - SGML

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>Unfortunately SGML does not use the same syntax as html in this context,
>and colspan does not work.

My (limited) understanding of SGML is that it depends
on the DTD. For example, HTML is like a DTD of SGML.
Is it DocBook? That uses <row><entry>... for tables.
In that case, here is an example:
http://www.ibiblio.org/godoy/sgml/docbook/howto/using-docbook.html#TABLES

--
homepage: http://world.std.com/~slanning/
very bored perl hacker, please hire me :)