BLU server and spam

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 13:31, John Abreau wrote:
> I've been hearing a lot of good things about spamassassin lately, and I'm
> considering installing it on the blu.org server. Has anyone else done
> this on a server-wide basis? Are there any issues I should watch out for?

The only way I know of to implement spamassasin is as a procmail
filter.  I suppose, depending on the MDA, you could set something up
such that all messages go through it.

You can run spamassassin itself in daemon mode, then use "spamc" in
procmail.  This saves you from firing off a perl interpreter every time
an email comes through.

My experience has been to avoid the auto whitelist.

--
Don't look at me, I took the blue pill.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer