BLU server and spam

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 03:52:34PM -0400, John Abreau wrote:
> I hadn't gotten much spam myself until recently, and now I've
> suddenly been getting a ton of it in the past few weeks.

In a recent Risks Digest the moderator Peter G. Neumann said that his
submission mailbox of late was running 2% real e-mail with the other
98% all appearing to be junk.

As for the list getting spam, would the traditional approach work here
of only allowing subscribers to post?

-kb, the Kent who still hasn't gotten around to playing with the
anti-spam tool TMDA.