Linux From Scratch

I have played with Gentoo and also have a friend that uses it quite
exclusively.  I tried it on my laptop, but am waiting till they work out the
pcmcia bugs that the distro seems to have.  My friend has it running on a
couple of his pc's and says he has found a favorite distro.  The install
takes quite a while as everything is compiled from scratch, but when it is
complete, the system runs quite fast.  If you have the time, I highly
recomend giving Gentoo a chance.

#jlk