From: Jim Long [mailto:jimlong at engineer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:48 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: file systems drivers

I am dual booting my laptop with Windows 2000 and RedHat 7.1. What is the best free driver that will read ext2 file system from Windows 2000? Conversely, how can I read the NT file system (ver.5)from Linux? The man page for mount seems to say that ntfs is supported, but when I tried it, mount gave an error message saying the kernel does not support ntfs.

Jim