file systems drivers

I am trying Explore2fs, the WIN32 explorer for Linux ex2fs partitions written by John Newbigin. http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm
It is a stand-alone explorer-like program that allows read access to ex2fs partitions. You can't actually open the files in this interface, you can only copy or export them to your Windows partition.

He says he is working on a system driver for Windows 2000, and that it will be ready in a few weeks. (The web page says it was updated 5/7/2002.) http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/ext2ifs.htm

There is another beta ext2 driver for Windows 2000. Ext2Fsd by Matt Wu is an ext2 file system driver for Windows NT/2000/XP. Has anyone tried it? I just downloaded it and I see it is not a stable version yet. Also you have to build it from the c files. I don't know how.

For now Explore2fs will solve my needs while I am running Windows 2000. Normally I use a separate computer for Linux and Solaris, but I wanted to reference some of the Linux files on my laptop without having to reboot twice.

Jim
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8