local linux laptop

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:54:48AM -0400, Seth Gordon wrote:
> We have found room in our budget to spend about $1K on a laptop, and as
> luck would have it, PCs for Everyone is selling such a machine
> (http://www.pcsforeveryone.com/notebook.html)

It weighs 7 pounds, which is a lot these days.  A while back I bought
a little Sony Viao and a co-worker bought a "full featured" notebook
at about the same time.  He makes heaving noises when he set his bag
down while I sometimes forget I have mine with me.

Why do you want a laptop?  If you expect to carry it much, consider
getting something lighter.

-kb