M$ && Sending files back? [was: SOT: w2k alters mbr]

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 12:27 am, you wrote:
> David,
>
> There was a tempest-in-a-teapot when (IIRC) Kazaa changed their EUL to
> specifically exclude spyware detector/removal tools such as Ad-Aware.
> Friends don't let friends use Kazaa, anyway.
>
> dslreports has a brief mention of similar shenanigans by Lavasoft:
> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/17084

Bill,

Apparently Kazaa disabled Morpheus  by pushing a live software update message
across FastTrack . Morpheus didn't have the update so effectively software
was disabled.   This is the closest article I could find.

http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=2445/new1020217796310/index.html

I guess if you were to rent [sic] software this might happen.

David