gethotbyname error continued

Well using sethostent(0)/endhostent didn't fix the problem... and using
splint didn't find any errors in the code (any at all, which supprises me)
and there doesn't seem to be a memory leak (atleast the amount of memory the
application uses doesn't grow over the 30-40 minutes it takes for
gethostbyname to start failing.  So I cut the function containing the call
out into it's own program and ran it... it also fails.  So if there is a bug
in the code it is here.  I'm examining it myself but I figured I'd post it
so that anyone else who is bored (or just plain curious) could take a look
at it.  (sorry about the >'s hotmail added them when I clicked forward :(  )

-fjr