gethotbyname error continued

[Jerry Feldman: Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 04:48:45PM -0400]
> endhostent() should take care of that.
> It's kind of too bad that Purify has not been ported to Linux. Purify would
> be able to tell you that very quickly, but ....

The sockets that take all his fd's are from his network protocol code,
not the namelookup at all. Literally his call to socket() not an
implicit one in the name resolution code.

1021 was a very obvious number on linux, where the default fds per
process is 1024. in this case that's 1021 plus stdin, stdout, stderr.

-P