Rumors of MS involvement in Apache advisory

Commercial software vendors have schedules set up.
Bug gets reported. Placed into some problem reporting mechanism.
Bug fixer gets it, checks it out, maybe comes up with a fix.
The fix goes into the source tree.
Then, when  the next scheduled release comes out, the fix should be in
there.
There is no requirement for the vendor to provide a fix immediately. In
some cases, where this may be a very serious problem, out of scope fixes
will be issued. If the problem reported is a major customer, the problem
will be fixed quickly.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group