Fetchmail Type Question

Jon <ghia at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> I was thinking
> that I would rather set up a general mailbox on my web-hosting ISP
> (xeran.com) and then setup a program like fetchmail to pop
> that one mailbox and deliver the mail to separate accounts on my
> mail server at home.  Is this possible?????
>
> IE. Email for jon, bill, and ed all end up at bigbox at xeran.com
> and then I pop bigbox and deliver the mail to jon at home, bill at home and

Yes, that's possible. You can use procmail to separate the incoming mail;
I believe sendmail and postfix on Redhat 7.x both use procmail for
local delivery, so I'd guess it's as simple as setting up a .procmailrc
in the home directory of the user that fetchmail runs as.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

"An idealist is just a farsighted pragmatist."  -Anon