sendmail help

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:06:59PM -0400, Steve Horne wrote:

> So I've fixed up firewall & put redhat 6.2 on it, compiled  sendmail 8.9.3,
> and have had no luck with it.  Apparently it's no longer enough to
> put  the right macros in sendmail.mc & run m4 ; there seem to be an arbitrary
> number of funny little files that go into /etc/mail.

Sounds like you're continuing to use the same version of sendmail, and
the same m4 macros to build your .cf file, correct?  You're building
from source, or you installed an rpm?

In any case, I think you're on the right track.  You're probably missing
some supporting file, or a supporting file has incorrect data.

What features have you included?  Are there corresponding support files
for each feature (e.g. genericstable.db for genericstable support).

Do you have an Fw line in your sendmail.cf?  Have you defined all of
your local host names in the file it points to?  What does your Cw line
say?

What kind of problem, specifically, are you having?  Doesn't start at
all?  Can send but not recieve?  Etc.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\