What do you guys think?

Nathan Meyers wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 07:44:07PM -0400, mlw wrote:
> > Nathan Meyers wrote:

> > > If you're really asking questions like this, you might as well open it up
> > > and see what others have to contribute or how others may use it...
> >
> > Actually, I think I didn't describe it correctly...
> >
> > The idea would be to sell it as a product to companies with large amounts of
> > fairly static data to aid their data search systems.
>
> Forgive the confusion - my response wasn't about your technology. My
> point is that it's a long road from a technology to a business. It
> doesn't matter whether you've built the best (and most original) thing
> since sliced bread. These companies you're talking about don't have
> talent scouts scouring the Internet for cool stuff - you've got to
> sell, customize, and support it, which means you've got to invest in
> and build a business, which means, basically, that you've got to be an
> entrepreneur. Your questions lead me to believe that you have no idea
> how hard that is.

I asked for opinions about a software program I had written. I honestly wanted
to hear some points of view. I thought it would be an interesting discussion. I
was asking a technology group about technology. I thought it would be an
appropriate line of discussion.

I really do not need and do not want anyone telling me that I have no idea how
hard it is to start a business. I am really offended at your condescension and
it is completely uncalled for.