From: discuss-admin at blu.org [mailto:discuss-admin at blu.org] On Behalf Of
Kent Borg
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 3:03 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: Being Newer Than Red Hat

Strategy question.  What is the best way to install a newer version of
something I already have from Red Hat?  Specifically, I have cvs
1.11.1p1 from Red Hat but want to upgrade to 1.11.2.  Do I overwrite
the old /usr/bin version and risk confusing Red Hat when I eventually
attempt an upgrade to a newer version of Red Hat?  Do I install a new
/usr/local/bin version and hope I don't get confused between the two?

Thanks,

-kb