Dell dumps linux? [but introduces n-series]

I'm not sure that agree 100% here.
PCs are essentially built for Windows. All the drivers are generally
included in Windows, or easily available when building a system.
Linux and Unix systems require more choices. Drivers may not be available
for the external NIC cards that the vendor has in  stock. The bottom line
here is that Dell or any other Wintel PC vendor is going to have difficulty
with Linux. They want it to go out the door in working order (well we can
make a few excetions).
All you need to do is look at McDonalds. Order a Big  Mac or something
standard, no problem, but try ordering a 1/4 hamburger with onions and
mayonaise only. That's called a grill item, and it takes them additional
time to do it. (Burger King and Wendy's are a bit more flexible).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director