I'm Back.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:59:44PM -0400, Dalan Andelin wrote:

> I need some help setting up procmail. I tried to look on google for some
> good web sites; I was unable to find such sites.
> I need to setup a mail box that all the email goes into if any one
> e-mail's any thing @biio.org. But if the email has an email box it goes
> in to there box,
> If not it will go in to general at biio.org.

> If that makes any sense

Umm, well, I must confess I'm unsure about what you want.  A simple
procmail rule to redirect a message into a specific mailbox might look
like:

MAILDIR="${HOME}/mail/"
SHELL=/bin/sh

# SIS
:0:
* ^TO_.*somelistname.*
path/to/mail/subfolder/then/mailboxname

Your user specific procmail configuration would be in ~/.procmailrc.
There are man pages for procmail, procmailrc, and procmailex (procmail
examples).

You can direct sendmail to use procmail for local mail delivery, or
invoke procmail from your ~/.forward file.  To see if your sendmail
installation is configured to use procmail, do

grep procmail /etc/sendmail.cf

Look for a line beginning w/ 'Mlocal'

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)