Adios, Caldera; Hello, SCO Group

Another slashdot article underscores that Caldera (who bought SCO) is now
known as "The SCO Group.
"http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/26/1817228&mode=thread&tid=88

IMHO, SCO was the worst Unix company, but they were very good at getting
their junk onto the corporate desktops. My first Unix was Xenix (at that
time owned by Microsoft) on a PDP-11. We were porting over to Raytheon's
newly designed system (68000 based (cancel that), 8086 based (cancel that)
68000 based again, just cancel the whole project and sell the damn
division to someone who knows how to make money :-).
Back then this was AT&T Unix version 6. I think that the PDP-11 was
straight AT&T, but the ports to the 68000/8086 were Microsoft).
JABR and I tried to run Xenix at the BCS as the mail server, and replaced
it with a DOS based BBS system because our hardware (PS/2) was quite under
powered. Replaced that with Linux when Linux became viable and we had a
decent hardware platform.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director