Please point me to a tutorial on asp

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 04:49:33PM +0000, billhorne at attbi.com wrote:
> "ASP" is a misnomer. I don't care *how* I do it, just
> that I'm able to get it done. I tried a couple of simple
> things in PHP last night, but have been too busy to go
> further.

That's an important disclaimer :-). In an environment like this, we have
to assume that someone who asks such a question has wandered in to a
Linux group in search of a Microsoft solution they've been told is The
Right Way.

> If Perl/CGI is the recommended solution, I'll use that;
> ditto, PHP. I don't want to start a holy war, but I'd
> like to learn the "standard" way of doing things.

PHP and Perl/CGI are both excellent and widely used technologies for
server-side scripting... either one is as "standard" as you need and
will serve you well. Choosing between them is largely a matter of taste.

You can always wander down the Java road - servlets, JSP, EJB, and so on -
but that's much too complex for what you're trying to do.

Nathan