Red Hat 7.2 B2 comments (rant)

(my opinion by experience and targeted to Linux experienced users)If
redhad doesn't target the Desktop then what it does? cause for sure it
does not the server! for good servers we have Debian, Gentoo. and *BSD.

I think redhat try to do it all, and it doesn't do anything.  I spent 5
years using redhat in production servers just to find out I spend more
time after the installation working on it than what it takes me to
configure Debian well all at once from the instalation. and no worries
later on.

I am not saying that Redhat is bad or nothing like that. in the first
place all GNU/Linux distributions are base on the same kernel Linux,
and they just add a complement of tools around it, but with some
distributions someone experienced can take more advantage of it from the
moment you pop in the cd's to install instead of having to
strip,change,dis-install half the system to actually have a nice
GNU/Linux instalation.

so my idea is better hard and one time, than easy and 4 times.

rek2
Founder MetroWest LUG.

--

1110010 1100101 1101011 110010