Red Hat 7.2 B2 comments (rant)

Ron Peterson <ron.peterson at yellowbank.com> writes:

> rms is not compelling anyone to do anything.  He's requesting.  There's
> a difference.

I would argue that he's overdoing it. I actually agree with a lot of what
rms writes about; we certainly see eye-to-eye on the problems with copyright
and patents in the software field. But I don't agree with his stance on the
GNU/Linux thing, and whenever I bump into him at a trade show, he always
asks that I change the name of our user group. I've made it clear that
I'm not going to change our name, but even after that he won't discuss
other issues. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that when I'm present, he'll
only talk about GNU/Linux.

Or maybe it's because I wear my "Boston Linux & Unix" shirts when I attend
the trade shows.  :-)

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   Some people say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
   I often respond, "When elephants fight, it's the grass
   that gets trampled."