Malden, MA 02148
(781) 324-0140 (voice)
(781) 324-0277 (fax)
Emal: framsay at castel.com

                    John Abreau
                    <jabr at blu.org        To:     FRamsay at castelhq.com
                    >                    cc:     discuss at blu.org
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: vmware + remote X problem
                    discuss-admin
                    @blu.org

                    08/29/2002
                    02:45 PM

FRamsay at castelhq.com writes:

> linux-vm system.  I also tried this between two different linux VM's
which
> also failed.  I get the dreaded: Can't Open Display
> error (yes I've run xhost  to allow connections)

Personally, I've always been uncomfortable opening up my X display with
xhost. If you have ssh installed, try using ssh X forwarding, which
tunnels X through the ssh session. It should work transparently, assuming
your IT folks didn't disable X forwarding in sshd on the server end.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   Some people say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
   I often respond, "When elephants fight, it's the grass
   that gets trampled."

(See attached file: attvs52s.dat)