Red Hat 7.2 B2 comments (rant)

"Jerry Feldman" <gaf at blu.org> writes:

> GNU software is a big part of most non-commercial Unix/Linux
> distributions, but there are many other important pieces. Many
> commands come from the Berkeley project.  Others, like PERL, the
> Linux kernel, the BSD kernels, are not GNU.  So, while I feel that
> the FSF should get more recognition, it should not dominate.

You do realize that it's not about percentage of code in a product
that the FSF hold the copyright to. It's about the fact that today you
can have a completely free-as-in-freedom operating system. Something
that would have not happened without GNU, but would have without the
Perl interpreter or the Linux kernel.

Ari.