Redhat 7.3 firewall

Thanks all for the push in the "do it right, fool!" direction.  For the
record, you can call ipchains deprecated if you want, but iptables is
marked as "experimental" still.  I will certainly be moving to it soon,
but not while I'm moving to a new server and physically rewiring and
rebuilding my entire home office.

In a few weeks, when I'm recovered and everything's working, the links
y'all sent me will be very useful.

I found, once I calmed down some, that the problem was I told RLZ's script
I was going to set up a forwarding-only nameserver, but I had not done
that yet.  I replaced just that section with the rules from my old server
and everything worked.  I never was able to get the caching nameserver
working on my old server, but I'm gonna try on the new server soon.

Thanks again to all.
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "Always listen to the experts.
DKK D  They'll tell you what can't be done and why.
DK KD  Then do it."
DDDD                                                         Robert Heinlein