From: discuss-admin at blu.org [mailto:discuss-admin at blu.org]On Behalf Of
Michael Sh
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 5:45 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: install questions

I have an older machine, Pentium 233 MMX, 256MB SDRAM, 512 cache, (2)
Western Digital 8.4 GB HDD, 24X CDROM, 2X CDRW.
I am presently running it as a Win ME machine, with the (C:\) drive (hda)
set as "primary master" and the (D:\) drive (hdb) set as "primary slave".
The CDROM is set as the "secondary master", with the CDRW set as "secondary
slave".

My intention is to run a tri-boot machine letting Slackware 8.1 and FreeBSD
4.6.2 split the second drive.

I also have V-Com's System Commander 7.05 software available.

I ran RedHat 5.x a few years ago, successfully sharing a single drive with
Win9x and using an older version of system commander.

1. Should I change the harddrives so that C:\ is primary master and D:\ is
secondary master?

2. Should I use the  "System Commander" software?

3. Should I install Slackware or FreeBSD first?  Does it matter?

This is a learning/re-learning experience, so I have no problem trying
something and going back to scratch...any caveats, criticisms, or advice is
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Shields