Linux Software Raid 1 Recovery Question

Yesterday I built a SCSI RedHat-7.2 box with the root filesystem on
RAID1.  Today I successfully booted from both disks without changing
a thing.  If you are having problems with a boot-RAID, I'd look to
the fact that it's IDE or that the array wasn't configured during the
installation process.

I have also lost disks under SCSI RAID1 without hanging the system or
causing unscheduled downtime of any sort.  Gone are the days when to
solve RAID problems I had to hack kernel source.  The stuff just works.

#if Kent Borg /* Oct 02, 15:26 */
#endif /* kentborg at borg.org */

--
Andy Davidoff